Thursday 17 November 2011

UDK is Now my Acquiantance

It's been a week again already, and class is just minutes way so I'll need to keep this

We've been introduced to some new software again this term, which is no surprise. Being brand new to UDK and heading for the Level Design stream, I decided to spend some serious time with it over the weekend as I prepared for our first "architectural" level. The tutorials at 3DBuzz.com are pretty good, and I spent a LOT of time on that first level, but it turned out great. Have a look.





It's just a couple of large rooms, but I have just shy of 500 static meshes in there, many of which are in the ceilings as pipes and wires, or disguising the frankly ugly and unnaturally sharp architecture you get when you apply materials to the bare walls.

Anyway, I have a lot yet to learn, especially when it comes to the lighting, sound, and fluid actors (like water). You can't see it in the screens, but there is a layer of water under the grates. I would have liked to have had a very subtle dripping sound, but I didn't have access to that.

Anyway, class time. Let me know what you think! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for commenting.